- North & West Vancouver
- * Burnaby & New Westminster
(Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody)
- Delta, Surrey & White Rock
- Langley & Abbotsford
- Maple Ridge & Pitt Meadows
Rides to the following centres.
- Vancouver General Hospital
- BC Cancer Agency - Vancouver
- Lions Gate Hospital
- St. Paul's Hospital
- BC Women’s Hospital & Health Centre
- BC Children’s Hospital
- Burnaby Hospital
- Royal Columbian Hospital
- BC Cancer Agency - Surrey (next to Surrey Memorial Hospital)
- Jim Pattison Outpatient Care & Surgical Centre in Surrey
- Abbotsford Regional Hospital & Cancer Centre
- Eagle Ridge Hospital
- UBC Hospital
Booking a Ride
Please call Dispatch at (604)-515-5400 or submit the ride request form at the bottom of this section.
Please note we require at least 48 hours (2 business days) notice in order to arrange a driver.
- City Calling From
- Date & Time of Appointment
- Location of Appointment
- Email Address
Priority will always be given to patients undergoing cancer treatments and follow-up care.Call Dispatch at (604)-515-5400
* Unfortunately we are unable to provide transportation into Vancouver from Burnaby or New Westminster
Within 24 hours, a dispatcher will call to confirm your appointment and arrange a driver for you.
To ensure you are matched with the correct driver and vehicle tell the dispatcher if you have a walker or wheelchair and whether there will be someone accompanying you to your treatment. Vehicles are scent and smoke free.
The driver will then call you and coordinate your transportation details, including preferred pickup time, type of trip (round trip or one way) and approximate length of your appointment. Your driver will wait for you to ensure a reliable trip home after treatment.
At Volunteer Cancer Drivers Society, we provide free and reliable rides to people receiving treatment and follow-up care for cancer. We know that getting to and from appointments can be draining, time consuming and possibly costly. We also understand that family and friends are not always available to accompany you and we are here for those times.
We take care of your transportation needs so you can focus your energy on the most important thing; your health and well-being.